Brief: Turnkey a multiplatform communications and branding program for US Club Soccer through non-endemic and endemic media outlets across North America.
Summary: Beginning in June 2015, Buffalo developed and implemented a surgical plan to position US Club Soccer and its member clubs “in the news.”
Program tactics include:
• Developing a PR launch strategy for Players First initiative, including a Buffalo BIG presentation at the launch event at Nike World Headquarters in August 2015; delivered by Kevin Payne
• Crafting and distributing news releases surrounding US Club Soccer’s NPL Finals, National Cup XIV Finals, Players First Launch, etc.
• Drafting and submitting SOCCER.com content for monthly e-newsletter and blog post
• Pitching variety of evergreen Players First storylines, pre and post coverage for NPL Finals / National Cup XIV Finals, Nike National Training Camp powered by ECNL and id2 hometown stories
• Creating id2 National Teams “matriculation list” dating back to 2010
• Compiling media engagement strategy overview documenting recommended guidelines for US Club Soccer spokespeople to review in advance of media interviews
• Utilizing Buffalo’s creative department to produce templates, presentations, infographs, etc.
• Assisting US Club Soccer CEO, Kevin Payne, with ghostwritten articles
Results: Since the partnership has launched, awareness of US Club Soccer and its Players First initiative have increased significantly. Highlight deliverables include:
• Securing over 200 media placements in print, digital and broadcast outlets, including Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Denver Business Journal, ESPN, FIFA.com, FourFourTwo, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Huffington Post, NBC, New England Soccer Journal, NOLA.com, San Jose Mercury News, Soccer America, SportsBusiness Journal, Top Drawer Soccer and others.
More info: USClubSoccer.org