Brief: Build brand credibility and drive awareness for new and existing hiking, road running, trail running, sandal and outdoor lifestyle shoes among top retailers and targeted consumers in the core outdoor market
Summary: In early 2013, Buffalo was named Lead Global Agency for the Sport Division of ECCO shoes (rebranded ECCO Outdoor in 2014). Drawing from our experiences as collegiate athletes, outdoorsmen/women and global adventurers, we developed a strategy to improve the power of existing brand positioning while creating several new and deeper levels of engagement.
Among the program elements Buffalo turnkeys:
- Ambassador Program – Establishing protocols, sourcing ambassadors, creating content, managing interactions, driving social media engagement, leveraging expertise to aid product development
- Public Relations – Coordinating global PR work while securing editorial coverage in core North American running, outdoor and fitness media, as well as major national and regional fashion and lifestyle outlets
- Awards & Distinctions – Nominating ECCO products for influential, media-bestowed honors
- Media Events – Hosting product tests via adventure trips and excursions
- Sponsorships – Securing agreements for ECCO partnerships with major consumer events
- Retail Marketing – Partnering with renowned Beaver Creek Lodge on a promotion brought to life at ECCO retail locations across America
- Content Creation – Writing copy for global brand catalogs, websites, social media feeds and other platforms
- Media Planning / Buying – Constructing seasonal media plans, negotiating rates and securing sales stimulating added value
- Design – Creating campaign ads, line sheets and sales support materials
- Market Insights – Providing company executives with analysis of the competitive landscape, sharing industry insights and consulting on brand strategy
Results: Through its partnership with Buffalo, ECCO Outdoor has realized significant and sustained spikes in awareness and sales among targeted retailers, key influencers, core sport and outdoor consumers, and the mass market pursuing an active lifestyle.
This has been driven by:
- Successful North American roll-out of #TeamBIOM Ambassador Program – featuring world class athletes, photographers, adventurers, bloggers, back country guides and others – leading to global expansion of the program for 2014
- More than 200 editorial pieces in North America alone, including high-level coverage by outlets including: NBC Today Show, Outside, Backpacker, Men’s Journal, Gear Patrol, Runner’s World, Running Times, Trail Runner, Triathlete, Slowtwitch, Competitor, Fitness, Women’s Health, Espaces, Get Out There, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Shape, Popular Mechanics, Inside Outdoor, Gear Junkie, Explore, Canadian Running, LAVA, Women’s Adventure, Gear Institute, Sporting Goods Business, Maxim, Dr. Oz: The Good Life, Impact Magazine, Mountain Life, The Gear Caster, Vail Daily and many more
- Best-of honors from Outside, Backpacker, Men’s Journal, Gear Patrol, Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Canadian Running, Get Out There and others
- Participation by dozens of journalists in press trips and events to the Abajo Mountains, Mount Hood, Portland (OR), Salt Lake City and New York City
- Official sponsorship of high-profile events reaching tens of thousands of consumers, including 2014 Dominion Riverrock and Backpacker Magazine “Get Out More” Tour
- Multiplatform marketing partnerships with Outside, Backpacker, Trail Runner, Adventure Journal, Gear Junkie, Gear Institute, Get Out There, Espaces/Adventure, Explore, LAVA, Competitor and others
Combined, the momentum from these and other deliverables has supported the strengthening of ECCO Outdoor relationships and order base with REI, Scheels All Sports, Grassroots Outdoor Alliance members and other key accounts.
Click HERE to view highlight publicity